Wednesday, May 3, 2017

T-Rex Cafe

     If you know me, you know I love dinosaurs. I have been obsessed with them since I was three years old. I know a lot about them from all of my years of research. Yes, I am a nerd who researched about Dinos to learn more about them. I have a bachelors degree in History with a minor in Geology so that shouldn't come as a shock to you. Anyway enough about me and on to my blog post about the T-Rex Cafe at Disney Springs in Orlando. I really enjoy themed restaurants like this or Rain forest or Hard Rock Cafe so I highly suggest eating here. I will share with you just some random information, pictures, tips and facts about T Rex Cafe and why I personally love it.




  • Atmosphere: You will take a journey back 60 million years ago to a time where Dinosaurs ruled the earth. From the gift shop, to the entrance, to the bar to the dining areas every inch is covered to make you feel like you time traveled. Even in the bathrooms! Like I mentioned before, I am a nerd so going into the bathroom and seeing things like Trilobites on the wall excited me. I also love aquariums and they have a couple with really neat colorful fish. They sectioned off different dining areas to have separate prehistoric feels. For example, one section is woolly mammoths and saber tooth tigers with an ice age feel. If you didn't know this fun fact I am glad to offer it. This era happened after the dinosaurs were extinct. Another section might have just dinosaurs in it to look at. The bar looks like it is Ice and it changes colors. There is even a volcano eruption in this restaurant. 





  • Food: I am a picky eater and this is more of a child based restaurant attraction so the menu makes me happy. I am 27 and LOVE eating here so if you are an adult I promise you would like it as well. The menu has a good variety and anyone can find something they like. There is anything from sandwiches, to steak, to pasta to kids meals to salads and so on. They have a mix of everything. I will list my favorite items for you all!
      1. Supersaurus Sampler:  This is an appetizer that will serve 4 adults. It has their own queso dip, onion rings, Bruschetta and Trexadillas(quesadillas). One time my cousin and I split it for our meal because we didn't want to spend much money and didn't have a lot of time. It was great for that but also awesome for an appetizer if you are really hungry.
      2. Side Salads:  If you are thinking about ordering maybe just and appetizer and a salad I say go for it. Their side salads are a large portion and delicious. I only eat Caesar dressing so I can only speak for it and it was really good. 
      3. Boneyard Buffet: I do not eat this, no I'm not a vegetarian, I just am not a big meat eater. I would eat the chicken but not the ribs. My boy cousins have ordered this before and they loved it. It is a portion of two main items; rotisserie chicken and pork spare ribs. It also comes with coleslaw and waffle fries. This is for big eaters!
      4. Lasagna: This was actually really good but a fair warning it isn't going to be as good as some you could get at an Italian restaurant. It also doesn't come with a side so for the price it isn't worth it to me unless you want to pay extra for one or a salad. 
      5. Kids T-Rex Nuggets: Picky adults of the world rejoice for at Disney you can order kids meals! I am so weird that last time we went here I ordered a side salad, chicken Dino shaped nuggets and waffle fries. It was REAL good, just saying. 
      6. Adult Beverages:  One time I took Jalen my high school aged cousin to the bar there. I know what you are thinking. How can she sit there if she isn't 21 and you are a bad influence. Well at Disney kids can sit at the bars in T-Rex. Also, we didn't want to wait an hour and a half for a table and there was room at the bar. The bartender suggested the "Journey to the Center" drink and it was really good. It was a vodka based mixed drink. I paid a little extra to be able to keep the glass cup. Jalen had the basic non alcoholic strawberry lemonade and she liked it as well. I would assume all of the alcoholic drinks at this type of a restaurant are awesome. 





  • Gift Shop: If you like dinosaurs you will enjoy it and if you aren't a huge fan then you probably will not. There are many different dinosaur or prehistoric toy options to purchase if you have kids. There are your basic souvenirs as well. I have a tervis cup from here because well I love dinosaurs and the tervis cups are my favorites. They sell neat t-shirts that are store related or just dinosaur related. They also sell realistic looking toys which I appreciate. The reading material they sell is very interesting to me as well. If your child would like to explore in the kid area they can dig up fake bones and stuff like that. I am pretty sure it costs money. 






I like this pace and I don't need more than the food, atmosphere or gift shop to be happy. I think anyone would enjoy this place and if you are a Landry's Select Club member you can use your card here. You can get priority seating, redeem rewards, earn points towards rewards from food and gift purchases. For more information go to www.landrysselect.com Also you can make reservations to T-Rex with your My Disney Experience account and I always recommend reservations for any Disney property restaurant. I hope all of this information was beneficial to you and I hope you have a magical day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment