Sunday, June 4, 2017

My top 5 flight essentials

I thought it would be helpful to post my top 5 flight essentials for you! I enjoy flying and I am lucky that I get to do it quite often for my traveling. 

1. Shoes you can wear with socks:  If you have TSA pre approved then ignore this tip. I have only gotten to be TSA pre approved once and I am trying to figure out how to be able to do this every time I fly. For now I have to go through the regular security and I always wear socks. You are required to take your shoes off. I don't care for germs and we all know how dirty an airport floor is so I suggest wearing shoes that go with socks. I would much rather stand in socks than my bare feet on a public surface. Plus if you wear a heavier pair of shoes then you have more room in your suitcase!

2. Snacks: Many airlines give you free snacks on the plane but I always pack some extra things that I like. If you pre purchase your snacks you will save money because we all know how much they jack the price up at the airports. Some airlines do not give you free snack items and you have to purchase them on the plane. They also do not accept cash. I try to pack something that isn't messy and that is easy to seal up once you are done. I also suggest gum if you think your ears will pop during take off. Mine never do so I don't ever have gum with me but I know many people that pack this. 

3. Water: There is no cheap option for this because you cannot go through security with liquids so you have to buy drinks at the airport. A bottle of water is a healthy option that you can reseal and not have to worry about it spilling. Plus, you know you will get thirsty on the airplane if it's longer than an hour. If your airline does offer free beverages you know it's a better deal to get an actual soda or juice or coffee free rather than a free cup of water. If your airline does give you drinks then you may not want to purchase a drink at the airport. I've also done that too because I don't want to spend money when I will get a free drink anyway.

4. Headphones: I always listen to music, watch movies or read while traveling. I suggest good headphones that can block noise out. If you read you could still wear the headphones and block some of the background noise.

5. Luggage Tags you can recognize: I always have really bright suitcases but if you like to stick to plain ones than you can have funky luggage tags to make the baggage claim process easier. Also put your phone number and name on it in case it gets lost or doesn't make it to your destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment