Monday, May 1, 2017

Reasons why I love Kilimanjaro Safari at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

I am a huge animal lover so you can probably guess I get really excited when I can visit Animal Kingdom. There are many reasons I love it and be on the lookout for more posts about attractions or activities in Animal Kingdom. In this post I will be giving reasons why I enjoy the Kilimanjaro Safari they have as well as some tips and tricks. Enjoy. *All of the pictures are personal ones from me.



1. It is a ride for any age of child or adult. Anyone who likes animals or even someone who doesn't like animals would enjoy this ride. You are in a jeep type safari vehicle and it is pretty cool. While on the ride you are driving through the "safari" on all kinds of terrain. You even go through water occasionally. It's like you are really in Africa.

2. It isn't like a zoo. The animals are not in cages or fenced in areas. You drive right through and around their habitats. This gives you a more real safari feel so it is like you are on a guided tour in Africa. The interactions are more real because the animals are occasionally together. In the next picture there will be an ostrich with a zebra. Most times at zoos the different species are separated and cannot interact with each other.  Yes they have workers who feed and take care of the animals and have their best interest in mind. But, it is still lifelike scenarios.



3. The tour guides. Every time you go on this ride I guarantee you have a tour guide who is very informative and personable. They know what they are talking about and it's interesting to listen to the facts they give you about the animals. You might know about the animals you see but maybe you will learn a new fact on the ride.



4. Animals. You see many native African animals and how cool is that? Yes you can see the same ones in a zoo but this is Disney. Seeing something at Disney makes it way cooler right? I sure think so. The animals are well taken care of. You can see more animals walking around in the park as well as over at Rafikis deal.



Here are some Tips & Hints that might come in handy:


  • Timing: The best time I have found to go on this safari is right after the park opens. The animals are most likely still eating or are just being fed. This guarantees you to see many of them. When we went at this time we saw EVERY specie of animal the safari had available for viewing. I personally think at night time would be neat as well. I've heard they are rather active then too. I've read a few times that the afternoon is a good time but I am not sure if I believe it. If it's during the hot part of the day I assume they will be in the shade or just lying around. But, sometimes your schedule will  not let you go on the ride when you really want to. 
  • Fast Passes: If you can, I suggest fast passing this at Animal Kingdom. It is a very popular ride there and you will have to wait a while to go on it without a fast pass. We did not have a fast pass last time we went and we had to wait an hour. We just really wanted to do it first thing in the morning and so we didn't care about the wait. We also could not get a fast pass for it. I will tell you that later on when we walked by the wait time was way over an hour. It will get busier the longer the park is open. If possible do a fast pass for a morning time and then if you have time that evening you could see it at night also. 
  • Pictures: You can get some really neat pictures if you like taking them. Either side will give you opportunities so it doesn't matter which one you are on. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment